Tuesday, March 27, 2007

More ramblings........

Writer's block already? We've been a little under the weather here and that accounts for my lack of posts. No drinkie, no postie. I have in front of me a very large glass of Kim Crawford 2005 Pinot Noir. That's right, I'm posting about something that's from the new world and has a label that actually tells you what's in the bottle. I don't have anything against new world wines. I cut my wine drinking teeth on them. I always find a time and a place where they work perfectly.

This wine is ruby colored with a tinge of brown. The nose has mostly red fruits, cherries in particular, with the slightest hint of smoke. In the mouth it's sweet and pleasant showing the slightest bit of oak. Good persistence on the finish. I can't find anything bad to say except this one glass is it for me tonight. I'll bet a lot of my readers will love this for $14.

Other wine for this week:

1993 Puligny Montrachet "Les Combettes" 1er Cru-Domaine Leflaive
This is how you know you're speking about a great producer. 1993 was a good to very good year for red burgundies while whites were slightly lesser in quality than 1992. A nose of tropical fruits and minerals gives way to a complex mouthful of top quality chardonnay. Wonderful acidity braces a restrained core of fruit creating an experience that delights every part of the tongue.


No comments: